CADCAR is an acronym for computer-aided data collection and reporting. CADCAR is a custom fabricated data acquisition system utilizing Pacific Instruments model 3210 precision instrumentation amplifiers and a Keithley Metrabyte 12-bit analog-to-digital converter and counter timer. The data acquisition and reporting software was developed by software engineers at Bosch to meet the specific requirements of vehicle brake performance testing.CADCAR data acquisition systems have the following capabilities:
- 14 analog channel signal conditioning
- 16 K-type thermocouple channels
- Five pulse/frequency channels
- Multiple data triggering options
- Simultaneous data acquisition and reduction for immediate driver feedback of important brake performance parameters
- Test sequencing and data management
Data can be provided in other formats such as Excel.